Employer Benefits of CGRN Certification
Why Support Certification?
For gastroenterology and endoscopy nurses, CGRN certification validates the skills and competencies that help them improve the quality of patient care and delivery of services, while increasing confidence, decision making skills, job satisfaction and advancement opportunities.
Facilities and healthcare systems that encourage certification:
- Recruit and Retain the Best: Institutions and facilities that promote certification through higher salaries, bonuses or other incentives will have an easier time recruiting the most qualified nurses. Once recruited, these nurses will also stay in their jobs longer. Nursing research studies show that certified nurses enjoy greater job satisfaction, which leads to better retention rates for their employers.
- Promote Superior Care to Patients: Advances in technology have led to a much more savvy patient population. The public understands the value of certification and is more likely to choose a facility with more qualified nurses.
- Strengthen Their Reputation: Advances in technology have led to a much more savvy patient population. The public understands the value of certification and is more likely to choose a facility with more qualified nurses.
- Support Continuous Education: Institutions and facilities that support certification will be seen as dedicated to superior patient care. Passing the CGRN exam is just the first step; nurses must then maintain their
certification through continuing growth in the specialized field of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy through a variety of educational and practice opportunities.
Encourage Your Staff to Certify
- Provide a bonus or salary differential to certified nurses.
- Reimburse nurses for the exam fee.
- Organize a study group and provide study materials.
- Provide a certified nurse to mentor someone studying for the exam.
- Link your website to www.abcgn.org so your staff can easily find information on the CGRN certification.
- Require certification for professional advancement.
- Support continuing education required for recertification by hosting educational opportunities.