What's Your Path to Certification?
Professionals at all stages of their career, with varying levels of experience in the gastroenterology practice, from all practice settings, pursue and achieve CGRN certification. Forge your own path to achieve similar success.
The rules are changing.
In these days of health care reform and cost containment, cross training, consumer education and self-determination, and managed care, it isn't enough just to be a good nurse. To be competitive, you've got to keep up. Keeping up with modern nursing means getting certified.
Certification can help you:
- Expand your role in providing patient services
- Advance in your career
- Improve patient care and
- Find greater satisfaction with your job
All indications are that health care reform and cost containment will mandate more direct patient care by nurse specialists. In the near future, nurse specialists may qualify to perform diagnostic procedures, practice independently, provide care reimbursed by third-party payers and manage and follow up on patients. Hospitals and clinics will seek out nurse specialists in order to attract provider contracts. How will nurse specialists be identified? They will be certified nurses.
- Certification validates your qualifications and your advanced competence.
- Certification demonstrates your professional aspirations and your desire to improve the quality of patient care and delivery of services.
- Certification rewards your continuing efforts to improve your knowledge and skills in your profession.
- Certification reflects your commitment in time, effort and expense to gastroenterology nursing.
- Certification assures professional recognition from your peers and colleagues.
Certification is a voluntary process of validating knowledge, skills and abilities beyond the scope of RN licensure. Nursing certification has benefits for patients and families, employers, and nurses. The body of research relating to certified practice is also growing, quantifying the outcomes of certified nursing practice.
Certification will help you gain recognition for both your competence and your professionalism. Don't get left behind. Get certified.